Wednesday, October 05, 2005

A triathlon of sorts

Well, it was spaced out over the day and done out of order but I managed to train in all three disciplines today - cycle this morning before work, run at lunchtime, and swim after work.

Cycle
Time I started - 5.53am
Distance - 16.34km
Time it took - 39.37min
Av spd - 24.7kph; Max spd - 40.9kph
AHR - 145; MHR - 160
Calories - 331





Now I remember why I had a love/hate relationship with my bike - 2 days in a row on the bike seat - not pleasant. And I also really, truly suck at cycling - its such bloody hard work and I get tired legs really quickly. And they've put a row of little bumpy things on the corner of Haydon Drive as you enter Ginninderra Dve - how I didn't come a cropper remains a mystery.

Lunchtime run
I was planning on running the 6km Barbecue Stakes but around 11.30am got to thinking that I didn't really want to get all competitive and have to race so I decided that I would do a solo run of about 8km. However, I am truly my own worst enemy - despite constantly reminding myself that it wasn't going to be a hard run I had also decided to negative split the run. I ran the first 4km in 20.16min so of course that meant I was going to have to run a lot harder on the return. It was also very warm and getting warmer by the minute.




Stats:Distance - 8km
Time taken - 39.26min
Av pace - 4.55min/km
AHR - 160; MHR - 173
Calories - 430








Evening swim

I was meeting Strewth for a swim and we weren't quite sure how crowded the lanes would be. Several lanes were booked by various swim clubs and aqua aerobics but we managed to find lanes with not too many people in them. Good swim - the longest I've swum for a while.

Session - 300m wu; 3 x 300m (30sec RI); 2 x 100m kick (20sec RI); 100m cd
Times for 300m:
1st 300m - 6.15min
2nd 300m - 6.10min
3rd 300m - 6.18min
Total distance - 1.5km


Phew - that was my day, exercise-wise. Looking forward to my bed tonight.

Tomorrow - (am) cycle - windtrainer (need a pillow for my bike seat)
(lunchtime) - gym - lower body weight session plus ab exercises

6 comments:

:) said...

Nice workout!!!

Hilda said...

Incredible workout!!And still working, and doing the rest of the life's things. You should be such a disciplinated person, how many people like you do you know??

miners said...

Great one CJ - looks like you'll be ready for the Caberra Half IM soon!

Lulu said...

Looks like hard work.. I don't know how you do it all.. I would have to have a week off after that!

Jen said...

You go girl!!! What a huge day! No wonder you were ready for bed.

A few more days like that the CR cheersquad will be off to Hawaii in no time at all ;-)

J.

Tersie said...

Hi CJ - Great day of events! I was worn out just reading about the bike ride and then you went on to run and swim on top of a normal day of work? I'm impressed and that's an understatement. :o)