Saturday, October 22, 2005

In serious bike training........

for a very important cycling event: the Wamboin Winery Wander on Saturday 3 December. I have about 5 weeks to get my cycling up to 80km for this event.

The Wamboin Winery Wander is an 80km participation ride with leaders on sealed roads that explores some of the undulating country to the north of Canberra and includes lunch and wine tasting at Lamberts Winery. For those not keen to ride after lunch there is the option of a bus back to the finish. The bus can also carry any wine you purchase. It is 50km to lunch [talk about working up an appetite] and 30km from there to the finish.

That is my type of cycling!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, now that's my kind of sporting event....maybe I'll have to take up cycling ;-)

Good luck & have fun tomorrow,

J.

Lulu said...

That definitely sounds like something the Wine Trail Runner would enjoy.. maybe we'll have to dust off the bikes!