Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Testing my limits!

Plan - go to the gym - increase weights
Time - lunchtime
Weather (getting there) - cold, grey, about 7.5*C

Had an awful night's sleep - woke every hour, on the hour, so consequently felt blah when it was time to get up this morning. Thankfully I wasn't running as it was about -2*C - bit nippy. Had to scrape ice off the car's windscreen before leaving for work. Gym day today and I decided it was time to increase the weights ie test my limits. I hope I won't be regretting this decision tomorrow as I'm planning on running the Barbecue Stakes at lunchtime. My gym routine includes 2 sets of between 10 - 15 reps of the following exercises, with stretches between each set:
  • leg press
  • swiss ball squats with weights
  • swiss ball single leg lifts
  • calf raises
  • seated row
  • lat pulldown
  • swiss ball dumbell press
  • reverse flyes (yuck, hate them but they're good for me)
  • swiss ball crunches
  • swiss ball walkouts
  • swiss ball bridge
  • lower body russian twist

The plan is to go to the gym twice a week. I know it does me good, its just convincing myself that I 'enjoy' it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad someone else, besides me, is testing their limits, CJ! My limits have been reached for a while & resting the legs is the main priority right now! Thanks so muc for your comments on my blog after the GC marathon...amazing how a little encouragement like that, makes me want to get back out there again! Thank you again!