Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I think I can....I think I can.....

Wednesday Total: 16.7k
Week Total: 34.1k
Month Total: 148.4k
Year Total: 148.4k

Time: 1hr 40.24min
Av pace: 6min/km (I think Garmin Girl is playing games because for my 2nd km I apparently managed to run it in 2.07min!!!! The times for the other kms seem to make sense tho)
AHR: 149; MHR - 173
Started with: Dr Pressure - Mylo Vs Miami Sound Machine
Finished with: I can dream - Skunk Anansie

It was back to Mt Taylor this morning because I had an appointment in Deakin at 9am so it made sense to run in a location that wasn't too far away. It was warm and muggy and I was dripping with sweat before I had even got halfway up Mt Taylor and yes, I admit, I was walking! I was puffing more than the little steam engine and it was a case of "I think I can...I think I can...I think...oh bugger who cares, I'm walking...!" There were not many people out and about this morning; I only saw a handful of people.

I also had 2 'almost falls' - with the first one I was almost horizontal, arms outstretched, ready for the 'splat' when I somehow managed to pull myself back upright. Whew! The second one almost happened as I was negotiating my way through the narrow gap between the gate and fence, at speed, and almost lost my balance. No other incidents to report.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

possible rain - possible storms - possible falls - all figments. (of the imagination, as figments always are)

Ewen said...

That's 2 'almost Tuggeranong Dons'.

In spite of the walks, you ran the same pace as Steve on his long run :)

Toasty said...

Chocolate! ...... sorry, wanted to put in a comment and that's all I could think of.

Anonymous said...

just remember that when and if you fall, it's all about how you get up and do the gymnast's dismount. the old "you can't laugh at me, because i know i did this!"

Clairie said...

Yeah don't worry about the km pacing on the garmin when you are running hills, just get the average! Which for a hill run is pretty darn good! Great running.