Thursday, January 18, 2007

Fartlek before breakfast

Thursday Total: 10k
Week Total: 44.1k
Month Total: 158.4k
Year Total: 158.4k

Time: 54.07min
Av pace: 5.24min/km
AHR: 145; MHR: 186
Started with: Bohemian Like You - Dandy Warhols
Finished with: That's the reason I'm leaving - Franz Ferdinand

19*c at 5.30am - its hard to believe this is Canberra. But lately we have had very warm nights and mornings, and its hot during the day (33*c today; 35*c tomorrow).

Anyway I learnt my lesson from last week - do my run in the morning on Thursdays, otherwise I have to front up at track that night to do a run and we all know what happened last Thursday!

It was a fartlek run this morning which made it slightly more interesting than usual: 2 x 60sec (60sec RI); 4 x 30sec (30sec RI) - repeat all this again then 2 x 60sec (60sec RI). I run a couple of kms to warm up (aka as wake up) and then a couple of kms as a cool down back home. That's it - nothing more to say really. Very boring.......

The rest of the day went in a coffee haze - its was just one of those days. I won't admit how many I had; suffice to say it was more than 5 cups of 'real' coffee....:-) And no, I wasn't wired.......However I did get a lot of work done!

3 comments:

Tesso said...

Guess you've heard the latest about coffee and how it can help reduce DOMS. You must never get sore muscles :-)

Ewen said...

Of course, you really don't have to do another track race until you defend your State Title next January!

Anonymous said...

I loved the title I think I can, so inspiring in your words. Funny I wrote today something similar about when I walked this morning, none was watching ;-P