Saturday, February 25, 2006

Sleep in vs short run

..and guess what won out! It was a lovely sleep in followed by a leisurely coffee with Strewth, Mr B and JD, before heading to the markets for fruit and veg, and another coffee and gelato. I love easy weeks! And no, I don't feel the slightest bit guilty about missing today's run. :-)

Tomorrow:
20km long run

**************************************
Looking back - Road to IM 2004
43 days to go


Workout - Long run, Lake Burley Griffin

Time - 7am, 25*c - 32*c, hot, no wind, cloud-free
Duration - 3hr 22.49min
Distance - 32km

It was very hot running today but I am getting used to running in the heat so it wasn't too bad. I also ran a lot slower than last week so feeling pretty comfortable. Roy refilled my drink bottle with cold water at Yarralumla Nursery, on my way back, as I was almost out of water and what I did have was hot.

2 comments:

Hilda said...

Definitely sleeping and coffee sounds terrific to enjoy for a saturday morning, specially after this that YOU CALL EASY, week and before a long run, enjoy it!!

Katie said...

YEAH Sleep! Good on you... definately no need to feel guilty! My hubbie diod my side bar... I think they are more excited than me if that is possible!