Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate!

Back from Sydney where I spent a couple of days for work. I didn't do any running, or in fact anything remotely resembling exercise, but I did eat chocolate! Went out to an Italian restaurant with Mr B for dinner on Sunday evening and had Penne Siciliana - very nice and very filling. Afterwards I could hardly refuse the Truffle Tim Tams that were offered ;-)

Monday night I went out to dinner at a Thai restaurant with Lulu, Mr "the Legend" Lulu, Owl and Jen. Beautiful food, great wine and company (a photo will appear when I get myself organised), despite the best intentions of 'Rod'(or 'Roy'?) and his 'running' mates to gatecrash our gathering. Again, I could hardly ignore the Truffle Tim Tams in my hotel room fridge (oh dear, there is a theme happening here!).

Tuesday morning dragged my work colleague along to Lindt Cafe. I had to ring jen to get precise directions because I only knew that it was in Martin Place, not helpful when we were actually dropped off at the opposite end and it was raining! Still, it was worth it - 'I'm in heaven' comes to mind, when we were sitting surrounded by everything chocolate. Bliss! I had 2 mochas which are made with Lindt dark chocolate and a chocolat au pain (chocolate croissant - has a layer of Lindt chocolate inside). I also bought chocolates to take home!

A detox is probably what is required, as well as some serious exercising now that I'm home...well, once we've finished the box of Lindt chocolates!!!!! ;-)

9 comments:

strewth said...

Sounds an absolutely divine eating experience at Lindt - in fact a fantastic eating experience for your entire time in Sydney - did you actually fit any work in there?? Truffle tim tams - mmmm - are they available here? Sounds like I might be bringing back some chocolate on Thursday and a definite detour to Lindt is planned before my meeting!

Al Carter said...

isn't that the nice thing about running? You can go indulge for a few days and not worry about it cause you know you'll be back running very soon.

Hilda said...

It is wonderfull you are able to aprecciate something as much as chocolate, I think enojoying is a very important part of life that some people just leave on the side, but well I also think that when you are a runner enjoying anything becomes easier.
Thanks for telling me about the injury risk, I am being very carefull specially because being injuried means not running... and I've been there but keeping the a slow pace avoids that. thanks again.

miners said...

Goodness gracious - sounds like the running season is over? That's one well deserved choccie splurge CJ! Glad you had such a great time

Tesso said...

CJ, even if this blog entry wasn't about running I am so glad you posted. I'm off to Sydney tonight .... might have to take a wee stroll around Martin Place tomorrow :-)

go girl said...

CJ, when you do something you definately do it well don't you!It's all chocolate or no chocolate. Sounds wonderful.
GG

Lulu said...

Glad you had a good time in Chocolate Town! Hope you'll come back soon..Lindt will be waiting for you!

Susan said...

Oh yum, dark chocolate is the most wondrous thing. You so deserve it, you've worked hard for it.

D said...

Nice job on your 8k! If I am calculating correctly, that equates to about a 7:42 minute/mile. Nice! How is the ankle feeling?

You make me want to go out and get a Mocha Cappaccino!