Saturday, June 18, 2005

Om...

I had yoga this morning - it was my 8th Beginners 1 class, two more classes to go and then I can move up to Beginners 2. I'm really enjoying it and I'm sure its helping my flexibility. My balance was much better this week, I was having a few problems with my balance in the last class but that might have had something to do with going out the night before!

Training-wise, I had an interval session yesterday morning that included 4 x 1km efforts, with a 1.30min rest interval. The route I chose meant that the first interval was up a long incline, the second was undulating, the third was on the flat and the final one was on a bit of an uphill followed by a lot of downhill! Made it interesting anyway. Toothache still bothering me - I am now using Nurofen, Panadol and teething gel. I have a dentist's appointment on Monday morning - not a lot to look forward to.

Went for an easy 40min run this afternoon. Its probably not the thing to do before a 10km race the next day but what the heck! There are some days when I just love running, when everything goes well and there are no aches, pains or niggles. Today's' run was one of those - it seemed effortless and I felt I could run for ever. It might have had something to do with going to yoga in the morning - maybe I had stretched all of the week's kinks out?!

Tomorrow its the 10km Terry Fox run, and by the sounds of it its going to be cold and wet. At least there's pancakes to look forward to afterwards! By the way Strewth, thanks for the text message!!!

3 comments:

Ewen said...

The pain of a 10k race will help you forget about your toothache CJ! Not forgetting the pleasure of the pancakes afterwards.

Unknown said...

Have a good race tomorrow, CJ! Remember, like me on the treadmill, it's not patience but being sheer bloody-minded that gets you to the finish!!

CJ said...

Thanks guys! It was a good race, a bit shorter in distance than I prefer, but the undulations make it interesting! I certainly forgot my toothache while running but it returned with a vengeance once I finished - the endorphins obviously only work for so long!