Saturday, March 03, 2007

One Week Out

Saturday Total: 16.2k
Week Total: 61.5k
Month Total: 25.2k
Year Total: 629.4k

Time: 1hr 41.53min
Av pace: 6.16min/km
AHR: 133; MHR: 166
Av Temp: 16.4*c (7.11am)
Rel. Humidity Av: 93.4%
Wind Spd Avg: 7.8kph (ESE)
Note: no ipod today!

Ever have one of those days where you just know its going to be a good day? I had the best day. First there was the last long run starting from Molonglo Reach at 7am. Leaving home it was clear skies but by the time I reached the lake it was very foggy. The run was an easy gently undulating route and for the first time in ages I was able to run with Strewth and we talked the entire way. This meant of course that we were often lagging way behind the main group. Then there was the post-run refreshments including some champers and a much-appreciated coffee from another Cathy. There was much discussion about the SFT which is on next Saturday - not long now.....

Eventually I had to leave because I was meeting Liza for lunch in Civic. It was great to meet up for coffee and lunch because usually the only time we get to chat is very briefly before an event, as Liza lives on the coast and only comes to Canberra to run in the various half marathon events that are held here. She is now training for her first marathon - the Canberra marathon - so its really exciting to hear about her training and how she is doing. She is going to do so well, I just know it!

Strewth showed up for coffee and lunch as well, which was great and after Liza had left, Strewth and i hit the Canberra Centre for some retail therapy. Now if my memory serves me well, I think I was going to look for a pair of jeans and a pair of black three quarter pants. So how was it I ended up with a black shoulder bag and a LBD from the Diana Ferrari store?! Oh well, it was my birthday present to myself! I won't even start on Strewth's purchases!!!!

It was a great day! I wish all days could be like that. And it finished with white chocolate cheesecake, made by moi, for dessert - delish!

9 comments:

strewth said...

I agree - it was the best day ever! I had such fun shopping with you and your recipe tonight was fabulous - we had the yummiest dinner!! Thank you for a fantastic day. Now tomorrow let's hope it continues for you to have the best birthday ever!!

Ewen said...

No iPod! You can run without one. Strewth! It sounds like Strewth is one mean shopper.

Buon compleanno Cathy! Non mangiare troppa torta di compleanno o vi affonderete come una pietra alla parte inferiore del fiume di Cox.

Anonymous said...

after reading this, i feel like skipping and swinging a purple plastic purse while my head tilts from side to side. la la la la la...

Anonymous said...

See you at the Weston Creek Half!
I managed the long run today - 35kms and it was hard work.

Sounds like you had loads of fun at the Canberra Centre.

Liza

Anonymous said...

oops - that was meant to go on Strewth's blog -

Yep, got the run out of the way.
Enjoy the tapering and look forward to reading your race report.

Liza.

TD said...

All the ingredients were there for a great day - nice run, shopping, eating, time with Strewth and other friends. And one week to go till the big one - have a great week CJ!

(BTW, I had a nasty crash on my bike yesterday and have got a few CJ-like grazes and cuts to show for my efforts. I had considered photographing and blogging the shots but think you own the copyright for spectacular gore images)

Tesso said...

Are you wearing the iPod next weekend? If so I'd love to see what your playlist will be.

Hope you had a wonderful birthday yesterday. We had a toast to you at brekky - mine was rye with vegemite and honey :-)

Clairie said...

I thought you were meant to do the retail therapy thing AFTER your run - you know when you are in recovery.

Oh well guess that means you won't be laying up too long after the race next weekend :)

Best of luck with it CJ, I wish you a magnificent run to reward you for all your hard effort training.

2P said...

Only 5 sleeps to go ;-)

Wooohooo good to see that you had such a good run.