Saturday, May 12, 2007

So that's how its done.......

Friday Total: 6.4k
Week Total: 29.4k
Month Total: 68.4k
Year Total: 1010.6k

Time: 31.42min
Av pace: 4.57min/km
Av Temp: 6.6*c (7.43am)
Rel. Humidity Av: 85.2%
Wind Spd Avg: 5.6kph (SSE)
Started with: Play That Funky Music - Wild Cherry
Finished with: Don't Walk Alone - Bob Evans

I started with an upper body weights session in the gym followed by an interval session outdoors in the cold crisp morning air - beats the dreadmill any day. And today I rediscovered some of my speed with a sub-5min/km session. Woo hoo! Not that I felt that I was running any faster than usual - in fact I felt really uncoordinated. Still its a positive sign.

Saturday Total: 15.8k
Week Total: 45.2k
Month Total: 84.2k
Year Total: 1026.4k

Time: 1hr 26.09min
Av pace: 5.27min/km
Av Temp: 6.4*c (7.11am)
Rel. Humidity Av: 82.3%
Wind Spd Avg: 4kph (SSE)
Started with: Hallelujah - Rufus Wainwright
Finished with: Sisters are doing it for themselves - Annie Lennox & Aretha Franklin

It is getting a lot chillier early in the mornings these days which means wearing layers for my runs - tights, short sleeved top, long sleeved top and when its really cold, arm warmers, headband and gloves. Its times like these that I think moving to Qld would be a far better option. Still, even though it was cold this morning, there was quite a few people out walking.

So, in summary, this week I passed the 1000km mark (thanks 2P for pointing that out!), have run every day for a total of 45.2km for the week, and have managed one sub-5min/km session. Not bad for someone who isn't training for anything!

Good luck to everyone running in the half marathon tomorrow morning. I'll be thinking of you as I'm enjoying my mother's day breakfast!

And happy mothers day to all the mums out there!

6 comments:

Ewen said...

I like the Allison Crowe version.

Happy mother's day CJ. Did your daughter send you a card?

Toasty said...

1000 K is a pretty impressive milestone, well done\

Anonymous said...

happy K km!

2P said...

Nice to see you getting some pace back CJ - good stuff.

Anonymous said...

oh, and you don't want to go where there are no seasons. i hate not having seasons. i miss seasonal running wear. arm warmers?! it's like 19th century meets fitness. i'm jealous.

Ewen said...

CJ, avete rinviato dall'esposizione della televisione circa eviction?