Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Running in Ugg Boots

Wednesday Total: 13.7k
Week Total: 27k
Month Total: 162.3k
Year Total: 1104.5k

Time: 1hr 17.42min
Av pace: 5.40min/km
Av Temp: 3.5*c (6.41am)
Rel. Humidity Av: 91.2%
Wind Spd Avg: 7.4kph (SE)
Started with: Road to Recovery - Midnight Juggernauts
Finished with: Leaving Home - Jebediah

Sometimes late nights and early starts can have a strange effect on me. Essentially I'm still in sleep mode, even after several coffees and it takes me a while to realize that yes, I am awake, yes, I am out of bed, and yes, I'm about to head out the door for a run. The danger in all this is sometimes the autopilot malfunctions and things go awry.

Like this morning....it was only as I was heading down the front steps that I realized that while I had managed to get dressed in my running gear, for some reason I was still wearing my ugg boots. It was funny because I had had this nagging feeling that I had forgotten something but couldn't quite put my finger on what it was! Until I looked down at my feet and instead of seeing a pair of filthy grotty Asics (I really must buy a new pair) I saw ugg boots! Hmmm, not quite running gear. Not sure if anyone saw me but I backtracked inside pretty quickly to change the footwear.

The run itself was uneventful. The temperature is dropping though - 3.5*c this morning....brrrr.

4 comments:

Ewen said...

I like this. That's something your dumb daughter would do. Wear them next time we do a 6' training run and I might be able to keep up.

A balmy 12C this evening :)

Anonymous said...

you're funny. you should have run in them. see if you could start a trend. earth running.

Tesso said...

3.5 degrees ... brrr alright. I would have been tempted to run in them.

Jen said...

LOL. Why not ugg boots? It's gotta be much more comfortable than running barefoot !!