Monday, April 23, 2007

I don’t like Mondays…….

Monday Total: 6.8k
Week Total: 6.8k
Month Total: 124.1k
Year Total: 924.2k

Time: 39.20min
Av pace: 5.44min/km
Av Temp: 8.7*c (5.50am)
Rel. Humidity Av: 89.4%
Wind Spd Avg: 8kph (SE)
Started with: Golden Skans - Klaxons
Finished with: Can’t get my head around you – Offspring

One thing I haven’t missed since the marathon is getting up early to run; and by early, I mean anywhere after 5.30am. But if I was going to get a run in today that was exactly what I had to do unfortunately. And being Monday didn’t make it any easier.

The run this morning felt marginally better than the run on Saturday. However the right hammie and the left hip flexor are still complaining so no long or fast stuff yet – not that that was ever my intention this morning. The time was a little slower than on Saturday but that could be because of the time of the run – on Saturday it was a leisurely run late in the morning and so I had been up for a few hours. This morning it was a case of: wake up. drink coffee. get dressed. run….before 6am.

I also went for another hour walk yesterday and covered 6.2km in that time. That might be leisurely by other people’s standards but for me that was a brisk walk.

4 comments:

Two Fruits said...

I am glad you like early morning running, not for me, I need to be awake to see where I am going. I know why you take leave in winter.

2P said...

The "0" in 0530 stands for o my God it's early ;-)

Good to see the recovery coming along CJ - well done.

Anonymous said...

i'm not a morning person. i wasn't lying at canberra. morning starts at 8. no earlier. that's night.

Anonymous said...

it must be getting cold in the am. that's jsut wrong. i've switched to lunch runs, but they're not quite the cj length of speed.