Monday, February 26, 2007

A whiter shade of pale

Monday Total: 10k
Week Total: 10k
Month Total: 271.1k
Year Total: 577.9k

Time: 60min
Av pace: 6min/km
Av Temp: 15.5*c (5.38am)
Rel. Humidity Av: 80.7%
Wind Spd Avg: 10.2kph (S)
Started with: Do-Dos & Whoa-Ohs - Kisschasy
Finished with: Walk Like An Egyptian - The Bangles

This morning was definitely a 'white' run; for an explanation of white, black and grey runs see here. There was some lingering fatigue in my legs from yesterday's run (funny that) and while the legs gradually improved over the duration of the run, my tummy decided to rebel. So I called it quits and headed for home. Not the most memorable of runs but its another one in the bank.

Thanks for all the positive comments, I really do appreciate them. I'd also like to add that I am reading other blogs but I've just not had the time to comment. Work and home life has been hectic these days.

Tomorrow: a sleep in (6.30am!)
pm: cross country race, Sth Curtin oval 5km.

As I'm typing this I can hear the macadamia and chocolate-chip brownies I made yesterday calling my name - its very disconcerting and oh so hard to resist....but so far I have.....


You Are a Chocolate Chip Cookie

Traditional and conservative, most people find you comforting.
You're friendly and easy to get to know. This makes you very popular - without even trying!

8 comments:

TD said...

Oh, CJ you are so true to form! It always seems that food is never far from your thoughts. Then again, given what you have coming soon you do need to carbo load from a good distance out from the run.

Good to see the knee is finally behaving itself.

CJ said...

TD, you're absolutely right - food is never far from my thoughts -particularly the chocolate sort! Why do you think I run?!

Jen said...

Don't resist - it's called carb loading :-))

Anonymous said...

i'm a ccc, too. they're my favourite to make and used to make them monthly for my students. i like mine a bit warm and gooey in the center. milk a must for a brekky cookie. i love ccc! i also love oatmeal and raisin cookie dough. i love cookies! now i have to go to bed and i have cookies on my mind. and cupcakes. i like them, too. and carrot cake. but that's it. and cherry pies. and chocolate silk pies. and rhubarb pies. HELP! go bang a knee! evil!

Lulu said...

Yum, cookies! Apparently I'm a black and white cookie, somewhat conflicted!

Hope the knee is not giving you any further trouble.

Tesso said...

I'm a jam cookie, and I don't really like them that much :-( How did you get to be a choc chip one!!!

Good luck in the x-country.

2P said...

Remarkable - turns out I'm a Fortune Cookie "You're a rather normal person, except that you have extraordinary luck in life.
People want to be around you (even when they're a little sick of you), in hopes of being lucky too"!

Hope the tum tum is ok CJ - not long now mate ;-)

Ewen said...

CJ, I'm impressed such a fast runner could be so 'white'. Were you running like an Egyptian, practising 6min/k pace for 6'?

CCC's are among my favourites. Like 2P, I'm a Fortune Cookie... I see you not splatting on the steps, getting your iPod through Cox's in one piece, passing heaps of runners up the hills, kneeing your opposition in the guts on the Black Range, and wondering what all the fuss was about when you reach the Caves in an awesome time.