Sunday, March 01, 2009

A shocker

Yesterday's long run was a shocker - what more can I say. I woke up Saturday morning feeling a little blah but put it down to the early hour (4.30am). Wasn't feeling the greatest by the time I drove out out the Cotter to meet the others. I hate the start of this run - uphill. I was struggling but again put it down to not having warmed up yet. I told myself that once I got on to the flat I'd improve so it was just a case of toughing it out until then. But instead things went from bad to worse - thumping headache, stomach cramps and an incredible tiredness that just saps the energy from the legs (makes me feel very uncoordinated). All tell-tale signs of gluten ingestion (for me - everyone is different in their reaction).

So I had to cut my run short - toughing it out wasn't going to help today. Twofruits ran with me to Vanities and then I ran very slowly back to the start, to my car.

Note to self - don't be so blase about takeaway food. I have a feeling where I may have accidentally had some gluten - a takeaway salad bar. The week prior to SFT I am going to have to be ultra-careful with eating.

In total, I ran 24km...........very slowly.

Total kms for the week: 75km
**********************************************************************
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could.
Some blunders and absurdities no doubt have crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day;
begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit
to be cumbered with your old nonsense.
This day is all that is good and fair.
It is too dear, with its hopes and invitations,
to waste a moment on yesterdays.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 comments:

Lulu said...

Do you still have my phone number cos if you do you can text me or try louise@informcoaching.com

Sorry to hear you had a bad run and hope you recover quickly.

Hope to see you next week!

Jen said...

Sorry to hear that you had a bad run. Hope to catch up with you at Caves House in a few weeks!

Ewen said...

Did Strewth tell you about the gluten-free GUs?

When I heard about your wheels falling off I thought Two Fruits may have burnt out another athlete ;)

Oh yes, your whole post is centred - like a poem :)

IHateToast said...

that sounds dreadful. gluten is everywhere. i don't know how you do it.

strewth said...

Do hope you are bright and perky by Wed! Yes, we discovered gluten-free guus - seem to be good! At least the bad run was at the end of your training and you have heaps of tough runs behind you - it's all tapering from here.

R2B said...

Well as othershave said the training part is all behind you now.

Hope tomeet you at SFT my second also.

Cheers Adrian

R2B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.