Sunday, October 14, 2007

A little bit of what you fancy........

This afternoon I met friends for afternoon tea at where else but KokoBlack! I had a short macchiato and the Belgian Spoil platter. For those not familiar with the Belgian Spoil it comprises a small serve of chocolate icecream, a small serve of choc mousse, a small shortbread biscuit, a small choc muffin, and two KokoBlack chocolates. Yummo! The best thing about it are the small serves, so while it sounds like a lot its not......its just right! Anyway it was a great way to spend an afternoon - with Strewth, Mr B, Kelley and Rachelle. See what you missed Ewen!

Anyway I went for a run yesterday *drum roll* This consisted of 4 x 90sec jog followed by 2min walk in between. If I counted the warm up and cool down walks, it came to about 20min in total. Woo hoo! Baby steps...... The important thing was there was no pain during or after the run. However I am taking anti-inflammatories as advised by the sports doc and will be taking them for a week, so this could be masking the pain. But I'm being positive about this - I've turned the corner and on the road to recovery....slowly! (And twofruits you didn't have anything to do with this injury so just ignore Ewen)

I have also been drawing up a plan - new goals for exercise, running, nutrition and life. All will be revealed over the next few days but exciting times are ahead! See what happens when I can't run - I can't not have goals!!!

Finally a couple of photos from last week's whale watching trip.......



3 comments:

Two Fruits said...

Great whale photos, but I still feel guilty for contributing to both this year and last year's injuries.

Ewen said...

Don't worry 2fruits, it's her fault. She runs too fast all the time!

I know what I missed CJ. It sounds like you had a whale of a time.

New goals for life! Are you finally having your mid-life crisis? A "less slow" Ironman? 12 foot track? Glasshouse 100 miles? Comrades?

Tesso said...

Does KokoBlack feature in the 'nutrition plan' :-)