Saturday, August 21, 2010

Resurrection


I'm back.....

After a prolonged break from Blogger I have decided its time to resurrect the blog. Time will tell if I am successful or not!

So what am I doing, or not doing?

I'm currently on holidays but return to work next week *groan*. Last week I was in Noosa where there were blue skies and sunshine and I was getting about in shorts and t-shirts.

This week I am bundled up in layers of woollies and still freezing. Last week I was able to indulge in the best cappuccino on a daily basis. This week I am back to drinking long blacks because a good cappuccino is hard to find. Last week I was eating flourless chocolate cake, gelato, choc coated macadamias, and cheesecake. This week I'm supposed to be eating healthy meals and more fruit and veg, but um...have on occasion succumbed to chocolate...and my latest craving: macarons! I even made a special early morning expedition to the Farmers Markets this morning to buy macarons. Oh so very moreish.

Tomorrow I am running in the Vets half marathon so the macarons mentioned above are part of my carbo-loading diet! I'm treating it as a training run given that I am still suffering DOMS from weight training on Wednesday and Thursday! This year its all about just enjoying the running. Last year I was injured for most of it and couldn't run and then had a hip arthroscopy later in the year. So this year, no PBs and no goal times in mind other than enjoy the run. I'm also doing the Melbourne half marathon on 10/10/10.

Until tomorrow..........

4 comments:

speedygeoff said...

welcome back ! (yummy!)

Friar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ewen said...

You're alive! I'll bet on you keeping the blog going until the next series of MasterChef.

Jen said...

What Geoff said :-D