Thursday, August 26, 2010

JFDI

One thing I have learnt from Michelle Bridges, my on-line personal trainer extraodinaire, is the mantra JFDI. In other words, suck it up and just do it even if its the last thing you feel like doing. Which is what I had to tell myself at 5am this morning, after a bad night's sleep and the fact that I had been awake since 3am. It was only a short easy run of 6km this morning but I so wanted to stay in bed and not have to go outdoors in the arctic weather but......yep, that's right, I JFDI!

Time: 5.30am
Weather: wet, possibly sleeting, windy, cold
Distance: 6km
Duration of run: 35.59min
Pace: 5.58min/km
Cals: 347

This was my first run post half-marathon. I had run on the treadmill on Tuesday but this was the first time this week I had ventured out into the inhospitable conditions. No-one could question my dedication (or probably more appropriately, madness) to running this morning. Surpisingly I didn't see anyone else braving the weather. I wonder why?! My lips turned blue, my face was numb, I lost the feeling in my feet but I did that run!

Later I met Strewth and Mr B for brekkie at Cream for the most delicious GF fruit toast and fruit salad. Its something I look forward to once a fortnight! That, and the company!

One more thing: bring on Summer! Now!

9 comments:

Two Fruits said...

Braver girl than me. I'm a mid day runner. Madness, yep, I remember the band. Bit funky from a decade or three ago. May be Ewen & Strewth remember them as well.

Ewen said...

Nah, I'm not as old as you and Ruth ;) Not as crazy as CJ either. Wish I could JFDI but I don't want to end up in the FCH!

strewth said...

FGB though and well deserved! And nah, I don't remember the band - what band?

Two Fruits said...

Madness had a hit song called " It must be Love " not sure what year.
It made the Mix 106.3 top 500 at position 451 in Jan 2005. Haven't got it's position for this year's top 2000. I think they were an English band..

Two Fruits said...

I heard the song on the radio this afternoon. It must be coincidence. Now lets get back to Michelle, she's got muscles !! Very nice muscles.

Two Fruits said...

Dumb me, can someone please explain the meaning of all the capital letters. Only worked out the Canberra Hospital, didn't I ?

Anonymous said...

Any of you going through have hallatosis breath because of old rotten teeth? I'm sure you do that's why a lot of you are nerds. lol looking for sedatives and cash because you need veneers. anyway, i'm not selling anything or anything but i do want to encourage everyone to look up veneers. google it or find it somewher or ask your dentist. it is the freaking best thing the world.

all that tasty candy that those rich guys at mars gave you betrayed you and got you andyour kids running around looking like the wicked witches and wizards of the west.

You go to the denstist and get a cleaning but what the hell is that going to do? You've got caved in teeth, appalachan mountain teeth, rocky mountain teeth, and general crackhead related teeth.

It's rough on you I know but it's true. I used to be the same way. I did happen to spend a couple g's on some veneers in atlanta ga (google it if you're not from the US). Now I do shine a happy smile on every occasion i meet a face, in abstract to the past where it's hide the smile! But anyway some of you might definitely need to undergo such a process.

From another perspective, it's a great way to continue the medical industry and make sure we have motivated dentists to come up with new innovative ways to fix our teeth. veneers is a big step over gold and silver teeth replacements which are gaudy and look crazy.

[url="http://veneers-atlanta-georgia.blogspot.com/2010/09/veneers.html"]atlanta veneers[/url]

Anonymous said...

Do you'z people have the Facebook or possibly a YouTube devotee web page? My family and I did some searching for one on Twitter and Bebo however couldn’t discover 1. I would wish to turn into a follower! [url=http://www.clearbracessydney.com][img]http://www.lookwhosblogging.com/images/smile.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.invisalignsydney.com]Invisalign Sydney[/url]
[url=http://wwww.lookwhosblogging.com]Gourmet Food Blog[/url]
[url=http://www.sydneycitydental.com.au]Cosmetic Dentist Sydney[/url]

Anonymous said...

I have been looking to discover some good GPA scholarships on-line, but couldn't find any till now!

Then I found this site, so positively verify them out! They even give away large amounts of day by day cash!

The very best[url=http://www.gpascholarships.org] gpa to have scholarship[/url] to your training right now!