Monday, February 04, 2008

Dreary day – dreary mood

Rain is good, don’t get me wrong but I do like the blue sunny skies. There is no sign of sunny blue skies today – it’s grey, cloudy, and drizzly. Perfect weather to be home reading a good book (I’m currently reading The Power of One – Bryce Courtney), not sitting in a cold office, in front of a computer.

Running-wise, I ran 20km on Saturday. It was thoroughly enjoyable as it was my easy week and after having run 34km the week before, the 20km seemed like a jog in the park(!). Then it was off for a much-needed massage in the afternoon – pleasure and pain, what can I say?! I finished the day with pizza at Zeffirelli’s with a group of very dear friends.

Sunday warranted a sleep-in, which I had, and then I ran a very gentle 6km before breakfast. In the afternoon I met up with Strewth, Rachelle and Ewen for coffee at Tilley’s. It was a great afternoon – I thoroughly enjoyed it.

This morning it was drizzly as I ran my 11km with 2 x 7min at tempo pace (10km pace). The run back home seemed to take forever as my legs felt slow and heavy. And I’ve felt like that ever since – slow and heavy, foggy headed (Mondayitis symptoms I’m sure).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The way you felt today, CJ is probably how I'm going to feel tomorrow after my long run on Sunday of 32km.

Ewen said...

You were just missing a few carbs. Should have gone the carrot cake with cream and ice-cream like I did :)

Anonymous said...

you scrimped on carrot cake? what is wrong with you? i hate to say this, but ewen is right. sigh.

lead legs will be gone soon. i have no doubt.

Tesso said...

No dreariness up here. We are lovin' the rain - its putting everyone in great moods!

Tesso said...
This comment has been removed by the author.