Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Back to yoga - Beginners 2 classes begin

Memo to self - do not eat dinner before going to yoga class.

It was back to yoga tonight. I had progressed to Beginners 2 classes on a Tuesday evening, 7.30pm - 9pm. I had also been at an off-site work planning day where food was provided so my diet during the day included:
* mini danish at morning tea
* vegetable/cheese filo pastry and salad for lunch
* scones with jam and cream for afternoon tea (I did pass on the champagne and birthday cake though)
+ lots and lots of Koolmints throughout the day and far too much coffee.

Then to top it all off when I got home I had dinner before realising that I had a yoga class to go to - oops. However, it was a good class. Not as intimidating as the very first time I went to yoga, in Beginners 1, when I really didn't know what we were doing. The teacher, Karen, is a lot more gentle than my previous teacher (who is a wonderful teacher too), and has a great sense of humour. It was legs up the wall; down dog; triangle pose, warrior 2 pose; childs pose; some others whose names I can't remember; and one that was a good hammy stretch. All that up and down movement, and twist here, twist there, played havoc with the food in my stomach! Otherwise a good class - looking forward to next week.

No comments: